Our Adoption Journey

Hello friends and family! Thank you so much for visiting our blog. Doug and I thought this would be a great way for loved ones to keep up with where we are in the domestic adoption process and follow us along on our incredible journey. This will be a great way for us to keep everyone up to speed so to speak and also express feelings, thoughts, concerns, etc. (Those of you who know me personally know that I'm not always the best at following through on stuff like this :) but I'm going to try REALLY hard to update things regularly!) We also want everyone to feel free to post comments on here. We are hoping that someday we can turn this blog into a "Life Book" for our child so that they may read and know the story that brought them to us.

We are so excited to see what God has in store for us on this journey. We cannot wait for the day that he blesses us with a child we can love, treasure, and raise up to be a child of God and spread his good news. We also can't wait for our child to meet each and every one of you and be a blessing in his or her life the way you've been in ours. Like I said, please feel free to post comments or ask questions. As most of you know, Doug and I are both open books :) We are more than happy to share anything with you if you have questions.


Adoption is such a wonderful thing and if it weren't for our "trials" we would not be able to enjoy this beautiful blessing that God is giving us. We have no doubt that God has a plan for us and that he has a child for us to love. (Psalm 139:13-16) Please continue to pray for us as we prepare ourselves to be parents. Please pray that we can continue to grow in our relationship with the Lord and in our relationship with each other. We love each and every one of you and look forward to sharing this blog with you.
With Love,

Doug and Andrea

Saturday, June 2, 2012

In God's Time

Waiting, praying, hoping...that's the answer I would give you if you wanted to know how our adoption process was coming along.  The end of July it will have been a year that we've been waiting.  Honestly, it's flown by and I'm so grateful.  I prayed and prayed for patience and the Lord has definitely given that to me.  Of course having a child is on my mind many times throughout the day, but ironically, instead of thinking "I wish this would hurry up"  I'm thinking, "I'm so not prepared and I still have a lot to do". 

We got our first piece of furniture for the baby's room...a glider (like a rocking chair).  It was actually Doug's great grandparents glider and we decided we would take it since they're expensive and it will be nice to have something that was once a part of Doug's great grandparents home.  We're going to get it reupholstered once we know how we'll be decorating but until now, it's just sitting in the spare bedroom.  When we did our training they said some adoptive parents would go ahead and decorate a baby's room and others would wait.  They said some wanted to wait due to it would be too heart breaking to walk past an empty room knowing there was still no child and no toys to fill the room.  We chose not to, only because we don't know what we're having...boy...girl...so there's no sense in decorating just yet.  However, I do see now how hard it would be to have a room already decorated.  I walk past that spare room and see that chair and I know what it's intended for.  My heart does ache just a little when I see it. 

I heard an amazing song tonight (thanks to my wonderful husband who actually heard it first).  It is called "In God's Time" by Randy Houser.  It is about something I have learned all too well in the past 6 years...everything is in His time and I am so thankful for that.  If things always went my way and happened when I wanted them to, I would still be a lost soul and my relationship with Him would be little to nothing.  Praise God for His amazing grace and mercy and the patience He has shown to me.  I'm a poor and worthless sinner, yet He still chooses to bless my life abundantly.  I've attached a link to the song.  I hope that if you are reading this and are struggling with what feels like a hopeless situation or just going through a tough time...just listen to the chorus.

"In God's Time"
http://youtu.be/71nKSAkvRos

No comments:

Post a Comment